I can't jump even close to high enough to finish level 6.
This is my submission to the ScoreSpace Jam #17 (Theme: Protect)
Shade is a short and sweet prototype exploring the mechanics of light and shadow in a minimalistic art style.
Note: Please see known issues below and let me know if you find any other game breaking bugs while you play.
- Controls -
Move player with arrow keys or WASD
- Use of Theme -
The goal of the game is to protect your green player from the light.
You can use your yellow player to block the light, protecting your green player.
- Leaderboard -
Score data is stored in a Google Firestore database
Data is stored and queried using an amazing Godot Addon called GodotFirebase
- Known Issues -
- Audio glitches out when transitioning between levels or when going to fullscreen
- Updates -
- Resolved a bug that allowed the player to skip levels when spamming the down key at certain times.
-Resolved a bug that occasionally caused the player to spawn at the wrong position
- Removed adjustable jump height as this seemed to cause issues for players running the game on certain hardware
- Changed score submission code to eliminate duplicate entries from the leaderboard
- Added a max character limit of 25 to the username field
- Resolved a bug that allowed the player to submit the same score multiple times to the leaderboard
- Resolved a bug that caused inconsistencies in movement based on framerate
- Increased entries shown on leaderboard to 25 and added scrolling to accommodate viewing of the additional scores
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
What OS were you playing on?
Was it the web version or a downloaded version of the game?
Just wondering, because I did not test the game on Linux or Mac.
I was playing the web version on windows.
Thanks, was it on Google Chrome or a different browser?
Sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure it isn't a game breaking bug for everyone.